A Million Suns - Beth Revis Before I actually get to the review part of this - OMG OMG OMG OMG! Cliffhanger to the max at the end. I don't think I can wait for the next book. OMG.

Anyway, I loved this book! It was awesome and great and fabulous and extraordinary. In fact, it was brilly. It's actually been bumped up to a five stars because I did end up just adoring this.
I have to say the reason I decided to bump this up was because of the little riddles that Amy had to search around the ship for and the eventual finding out who is the bad guy in this. It was kind of like Da Vinci Code meets Star Wars. Kind of. In a weird and wacky way.

We got more Amy/Elder and even though this book was just chaos upon chaos, it worked. There are also realistic reactions to the chaos - it's not just blown off as if it's not important and then the entire book is turned into romance, because it's really not. Amy and Elder were really hesitant and scared to pursue a relationship because of trust issues and Amy's worries that they may only be together because there are no other choices.

For characters specifically, Amy got tougher, and almost meaner. She feels a lot of cruelty to a few specific people. She doesn't pursue hurting them or anything but she makes her hatred known and isn't afraid to, ahem, shoot people.
I liked this because she's had a heck of a lot of turmoil thrown at her lately and she's allowed to not really cope. She's doing well, really.

Elder; he also got tougher and had to really lead. Obviously, his first few attempts don't turn out that well. Then by the end he's got his shit together (kind of) and he's fairly sexy. I just enjoyed that his voice in this book was a tad less whiny than before. He's growing up and that's so important in a book like this.

There were a ton of surprises in this book and it was much darker than Across The Universe, but in a good way.

There isn't much else to say. I just really loved this!